Our website is using cookies for the purpose of offering its guests a better browsing experience and provide customized services, according to each guest’s preferences.
Below we present you the necessary information for you to be up to date with the placement, use and administration of cookies on our website.
This policy applies to our website. By using this website, you are agreeing with the user of cookies, according to this policy regarding their use.
If you do not agree to our way of using cookies, you can change your browser settings accordingly.
Disabling certain cookies that we use could affect your experience as a user on this website.
Cookies are small files, letters or numbers, that will be saved on your computer, mobile terminal or other equipment you are using to access the internet.
Cookies are installed through the request of a web server to a browser (ex: Internet explorer, chromes).
Cookies are not completely “passive” (they do not contain software programs, viruses or spyware and cannot access information on the user’s hard drive).
A cookie is formed from two parts: its name and content or value. The lifespan of a cookie is determined; technically, only the webserver that issued the cookie can access it again the moment a returning user appears.
Cookies do not require personal data in order to be used and, in most cases, they do not personally identify the internet users.
There are two main cookie categories:
- Session cookies: they are saved temporarily in the file “cookies” of the web browser, so the browser can memorize them until the user leaves the website or shuts down the browser window
- Persistent cookies: the are being saved on the computer’s hard drive and are activated again when the user revisits the site that created that specific cookie. Persistent cookies include those found on another website than the one the user is visiting. These are known as third party cookies. They memorize interests of a user in order to deliver publicity content as relevant as possible.
The lifespan of a cookie can vary, according to its purpose. Some cookies are single user and others are kept and reused every time the user returns on the website.
All cookies can be deleted by the user at any moment through the browser settings.
Some content sections can be used through third party cookies. The third parties have the same obligation to respect the laws applied regarding confidentiality and cookie policies.
What type of cookies are we using?
Through accessing this site we can place the following types of cookies:
- website performance: they memorize the user’s preferences
- viewer analysis: they tell us if the user ever visited the website before
- geotargeting: they are used by a software that identifies the country you come from. They are completely anonymous and are only used to target content
- registration: they tell us if you are registered or not and what is the account you are using when browsing the website
- for advertising: based on these we can find out if you saw a specific web ad
Cookies do not ask for personal data in order to be used and, in most cases, cannot identify the user. Personal data can be collected through cookies only to facilitate certain functionalities for the user
Most browsers offer the possibility to change the cookie settings. These settings are usually found in “options” of the “preference” menu of the browser. To understand these settings, the following links can be used:
Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
Other useful links:
For any additional questions regarding the way cookies are being user on this website, please contact us at email@example.com.